OLA IS RECRUITING! - MASSAGE THERAPIST ROLE
Job Title: Massage Therapist
Position Reports to: CBO (Dr Claire Ryan)
Provide Massage therapy complimentary to the chiropractor’s adjustments to enhance practice member wellbeing and health (in addition to treating walk in clients)
Examine the patient for muscle tension and imbalances within the myofascial and trigger point pathways.
Work as part of the clinical team to provide enhanced care plans. May use supplementary measures such as exercise, rest, water, heat / cold therapy and nutritional advice
This role is initially offered as three shifts per week
Salary: £17,000 pro rata. There will be opportunities for bonus income once therapist reaches the required threshold of patients.
Work Pattern: Initially 2 days per week split over three 5 hour shifts with potential to grow to be 24 hours per week within 3 months.
Contract type: Fixed term contract for 12 months initially (with a 3-month probationary period) with the intention that the person stays in post longer. This will be reviewed after a 10-month period.
Application Deadline: Please Email your CV & Covering Letter to Jasmine Kewell at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on March 22nd. If your application is successful you will be invited to a zoom interview on Monday March 29th.
(Include MT Application in the email subject headline).
Person Specification - Essential Criteria:
- Accreditation and registration with a qualifying body
- At least 18 months experience as a Massage Therapist
- A commitment to and alignment with the Ola ethos & passion for health and wellbeing
- A team player willing to work with others to ensure Ola Chiropractic is a practice that reaches the highest standards and maintains an excellent reputation
- Energetic, self-motivated and willing to go the extra mile
Person Specification - Desirable Criteria:
- Training & skills in myofascial release
- Experience as a massage therapist within a chiropractic clinic
- Experience of working as part of a clinical team
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To perform soft tissue treatment to the muscular system in accordance with recommendations from the DC during massage appointments
2. To work alongside the DC during clinical sessions to administer short soft tissue sessions following or preceding the adjustment
3. To keep accurate notes and records
4. Evaluate the functioning of the muscular system and the ‘anatomy trains’ myofascial system
5. Review patients' health and medical histories; questioning, observing and examining patients; and interpreting findings
6. Advise patients about recommended courses of care plans in accordance with CC care plans
7. Successfully reach your target list of patients as agreed with yourself and the Lead Chiropractor
8. Successfully take patients on a journey through the centre towards the ultimate membership and reach certain KPI’s as agreed between yourself and your Senior MT
9. Obtain and maintain accurate case histories of patients.
10. Counsel patients about nutrition, exercise, sleeping habits, stress management, other matters.
11. Discuss with DC any pertinent history or examination findings that fall out of the scope of your care or that is new information
12. Consult with and refer patients to appropriate health practitioners when necessary.
13. Ensure you adhere to all DC recipes and Ola centre procedures
14. Keep the adjusting and massage space clean and tidy
15. Assist with the running of marketing campaigns inside and outside of the centre
16. Attend and contribute to management / practice / coaching meetings, as and when required.
17. Commit to the Culture and recipes of the practice.
18. Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the post that may be required from time to time.
19. Attends UCA or other Chiropractic seminars at least once per year
Seminar/training attendance tickets are covered by Ola but attendance time is not paid.
Bookings and payments would be managed by our reception staff